1. Who was the previous owner of this vehicle? It doesn’t seem like it’s going to help but questioning who’s the previous owner can get some uncertainty out of the way. If you can get straight answer from the dealer, knowing the previous owner can be as informative as a full service history.
2. Can I take this car to my mechanic? Seeing a mechanic is an important part of buying a used car. This is how you’ll be able to find out what’s right or wrong with your chosen vehicle. If a used car dealer or seller won’t let you get the car looked at, drop it.
3. Can I take it for a test drive? Test driving a used car is finding out if the synchromesh is already worn out in second gear or if the engine sounds like there’s a coin bouncing around in there.
4. What’s your cash price for this preowned vehicle? Make your money work for you towards a possible lower purchase price.
5. Do you take trade-ins? This can make your life a lot easier if the dealer will handle it for you when you want to sell your own used car.
Try not to feel intimidated when buying a used car from a dealer. Ask all you need to know so you get what you paid for and your expectations are met. Visit Fletcher Chrysler, a car dealership you can trust and count on.