What to Do During a Road EmergencyKeeping a cool head and having grace under pressure is the number 1 priority when your car has unexpectedly broken down. Take a deep breath and follow these following steps:
- Locate the origin of the problem. Knowing where the problem lies in will make it easier for you to explain the problem to your mechanic.
- Take note of noticeable landmarks within the area. This is important when you are giving directions to a tow truck or your local car dealership who offers repair services.
- Make your location known to other motorist. Using reflectors or a bright colored piece of clothing can alter incoming vehicles to watch out. By doing this, you will lessen the chances of collisions and accidents.
- Move your vehicle. If it is possible for you to move your car out of the main road, do so.
- Contact help as soon as possible. Get in touch with a mechanic or a towing service immediately and stay with your vehicle until help arrives.